• Build logs, Tutorials and Hacks

    Saturday, November 29, 2014

    Final Summary "Forget What?" Project: An IOT based home automationsystem with a budget!: Part-2

    Prelude


    My previous post was a textual summary of work done and I just could not shrink it more. In this post I continue by providing demo videos for the project. I try to explain the working and internals without actually tearing down the modules. For that most of my posts in the past have been short in number but long in text and serve the purpose of a teardown. I am focusing primarily on demonstrating the system in order to give a better understanding of the working and application.

    Intro, Waiting platform, appliance monitor, weighing machine and Current Sensor


    Apologies in advance, I have a bad cold and it shows in the videos as a lot of *sniff*  * sniff*

    [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MycOi9rzji0?wmode=transparent]

    Some Screen shots from the above video

    2014-10-19 09.14.06.png

    2014-10-23 15.06.50.png

    IOT Current Sensor, MQTT Base station and The Raspberry Pi Rover


    [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7rhnIBUwc?wmode=transparent]

    The videos above are stripped down versions but are sufficient to demonstrate the working.

    System Architecture


    [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaIKij7e44?wmode=transparent]

    In the next installment(if I can upload it in time), I will discuss the internals of each module. Alternatively, in the summary post, the constructional blog posts for each module are listed in the implementation section.

    Cheers

    IP

    No comments:

    Post a Comment