• Build logs, Tutorials and Hacks

    Sunday, February 10, 2013

    SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ORCAD LAYOUT

    Cadence Orcad Layout is one of those tools that really have no end. There are so many settings and sub-tools that a few months of inactivity would render you lost. Here is one of the problems I faced.

    I was trying to get the copper pour to flow and include the attached net instead of the spoke as shown below.

    [caption id="attachment_531" align="aligncenter" width="265"]Spokes to a pad in Orcad Layout Spokes to a pad in Orcad Layout[/caption]

    Well the method I know is from the menu, select pad stacks, select all pads that you want to flood and properties>> Flood Planes/Pours select. Make sure that the isolate all tracks from the obstacle is not selected.

    At this point you should be get what you want but to my dismay, i repeatedly got the same thing. I tried so many other settings but to the life of me I could not remember what I did wrong. The key was very simple and I did nothing wrong.

    After you make any change, it is a good idea to click this button.>

    [caption id="attachment_532" align="aligncenter" width="31"]The refresh Button The refresh Button[/caption]

    This seems simple but it can solve a lot of problems. Anyways it sucks but that's all this post is about. And the result is the figure below.

    [caption id="attachment_533" align="aligncenter" width="300"]The flooded Pad The flooded Pad[/caption]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment